The structure was built by Diyarbakir’s 13th Ottoman Governor Behram Pasha between 1564-1572 dates. The structure is written as Architect Sinan’s work in Tuhfetul Mi’marin book, in which Architect Sinan’s works are all together. Though the mosque, which is made totally out of cut stone with a single dome, may at first seem like a plain single dome structure, it holds a place in Diyarbakir’s structures that are rich in stonemasonry with its inner and outer decorations.
The walls within the mosque are decorated with characteristic XVI. Century Iznik tiles from the bottom to a certain height. Another characteristic of the mosque is, having a last congregation place with five naves on the north overflowing from double staged sides. Last congregation place is overflown to the sides and a minaret is set on the right side. Entrance door of the mosque is surrounded with a stalactite edge and a tablet is set on the top of it.